Led by Manchester City FC football coaches and Experience English teachers, the immersive football program for 9-17 year olds is designed to give an authentic insight into the life of a Manchester City player at the Etihad Campus.
The course lasts for one week. Children arrive on the Sunday afternoon and are met at the airport by a BFS staff member (Richard or James) and delivered to their accommodation with other children attending the camp. They will then be welcomed and receive their football kit, course materials then be introduced to the rest of the children in the group and have the first evening to relax. On all other days the children attend the remaining English language studies with English teachers and football trainings with Manchester City football coaches together with the group without a BFS member of staff. On the final day the children are taken to the airport with a BFS staff member and fly home.
- Undertake interactive studies around the importance of nutrition, hydration and how players fuel their bodies to play to the best of their abilities.
- Learn how to accurately analyse tactical situations and systems of play in match analysis workshops.
- Experience what it’s like to be in the spotlight with a media training session, practicing presentation skills and tactful use of language in interviews and press conference situations.
- Develop a greater understanding of cultural differences and diversity in football, learning effective communication in an international setting.
Location: Ethiad Campus, Manchester City Football Club, Manchester, UK (map).
Dates: Sunday 11th July to Friday 12th July 2020
Sunday 12th July to Friday 23rd July 2020
Sunday 25th July to Friday 30th July 2020
Sunday 1st August to Friday 6th August 2020
Camp Length: 6 days (residential).
– All En-suite accommodation
– Full-board meals.
– End-of-course certificate, academic report and awards ceremony with prize-giving
– Two full training kits
– Visits to the National Football Museum and Manchester City Stadium